Saturday, May 7, 2016

News (2)

If you’re into comics, you’re most likely already aware that today is Free Comic Book Day, and my good friend Charlie Harris, owner of Charlie’s Comic Books in Tucson, Arizona, is celebrating it by holding a charity event in his store. He asked some local artists to contribute an original drawing for a silent auction, with all proceeds going to the Primavera Foundation. This year's theme was "Arch Enemies", so I dediced to draw the final battle between Matt Wagner's Grendel and his nemesis, Argent the Wolf.




If you’re interested in buying the drawing (and if you’re in Tucson today), feel free to stop by Charlie's store! As always, the winning bidder also gets a hi-res,  color copy of the drawing.

RIPOSTE:
Riposte was released in France in late January, and I’m pleased to announce that as of this writing, the distributor AND publisher have both sold out of the 1st printing. The book has received excellent reviews, which can be read here: (if you read French, that is)

citédelaBD.org
sceneario.com
bedepolar.blogspot.fr
planetebd.com
leslecturesdares.over-blog.com
fumetti.over-blog.com
DBD.com
www.senscritique.com
bdgest.com

Chris Thompson, from London’s Orbital Comics, was kind enough to interview me about Riposte and my other projects last January during the Angoulême comic book festival. The podcast can be found here: (my interview starts around 38:00)

Riposte will be going back to the printers soon, and the new edition is scheduled for release in late summer/early fall, as I understand it. Until then, you can still find the book at French comic shops, and even on the internet.

The book has been warmly received by local French bookstores, and I’ve had the opportunity of doing some signings at some great shops, including Gréfine (La Rochelle), BD FLASH (Chartres), and Bulles en Cavale (Rochefort), among others. I don’t have any more signings scheduled until Fall, when the French comic book convention season starts (St. Malo, Creil, Rochefort, Angoulême, etc.) so in the meantime, I’ll be hard at work on…

ARCHER COE & THE WAY TO DUSTY DEATH:



Chapter 4 (A.K.A. “the horse-filled chapter that still gives me nightmares when I think about it”) is finished, and I’m currently working on Chapter 5. I'm making slow (but steady) progress. More sneak peeks to come soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: