Thursday, November 1, 2018

INKTOBER 2018 & PARANORMAL

I wasn't able to participate in the Inktober art challenge in 2017, but this year I was determined to throw my hat in. 31 days, 31 ink drawings, posted on social media with the hashtags #inktober and #inktober2018 is a lot tougher than one might think. I have to admit that I went through a couple of rough spots and had a case (or two) of cartoonist's block, but thanks to encouragement and kind words from friends and followers, I was able to finish a drawing a day up until the end.


 Day One: Robin


Day Two: Maria, from Rick Remender & Wes Craig's DEADLY CLASS


Day Three: The Spider


Day Four: Magik


Day Five: Daredevil


Day Six: James O'Barr's THE CROW


Day Seven: Jean-David Morvan & Bengal's NAJA


Day Eight: Teacher, from Nagabe's THE GIRL FROM THE OTHER SIDE


Day Nine: B.P.R.D agent Ben Daimio, from Mike Mignola's HELLBOY


Day Ten: Black Kaiser, from Victor Santos's POLAR


Day Eleven: Shaggy & Scooby-Doo


Day Twelve: Ana, from OVERWATCH


Day Thirteen: Stick


Day Fourteen: Maya Lopez, aka Echo


Day Fifteen: Ikari


Day Sixteen: Manji, from Hiroaki Samura's BLADE OF THE IMMORTAL 


Day Seventeen: Grifter


Day Eighteen: Marv, from Frank Miller's SIN CITY


Day Nineteen: Angelino & Vinz, from Run's M*F*K*Z


Day Twenty: Hellcat


Day Twenty-one: Ser Arthur Dayne, from GAME OF THRONES


Day Twenty-two: Tujiro XIV, from Matt Wagner's GRENDEL


Day Twenty-three: Paul Pope's ESCAPO


Day Twenty-four: Brian K. Vaughan & Marcos Martin's PRIVATE EYE


Day Twenty-five: Ramona Flowers, from Brian Lee O'Malley's SCOTT PILGRIM


Day Twenty-six: Bruce Lopez, the One Man Gang, from Mike Hawthorne's HYSTERIA


Day Twenty-seven: The Werewolf of London


Day Twenty-eight: Azrael


Day Twenty-nine: Archangel


Day Thirty: Vixen


Day Thirty-one: The Joker


Most of these drawings are available for purchase on my BigCartel shop. I plan on adding the remaining Inktober drawings in the weeks to come as well, so don't hesitate to swing by and take a look from time to time if you feel so inclined. 


PARANORMAL


Ever since I recovered publishing rights to Paranormal back in 2016, I've been trying to decide what to do with it. I don't know whether I should pitch the trilogy to established publishers, self-publish it, launch a Kickstarter campaign...there are a lot of possibilities these days.

I'm still trying to figure it all out, but one thing is certain: I've missed drawing Ogre, Rat Face, and the rest of the Paranormal cast, telling their stories, and creating new ones with characters I introduced in the original trilogy.

I'm currently working on an espionage story that takes place in the Paranormal universe, as well as developing new stories, but while I work on them, I'd like to share the first volume of the trilogy with you.

PARANORMAL: THE OGRE will be launching tonight at midnight (4:00 pm Pacific Standard Time) as a daily webcomic on Tapas. The first episode will be five pages long, with one-page updates following every day at the same time. 

I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to subscribe, bookmark the link, spread the word, and let me know what you think. Thanks for your support!  






No comments: